BZT® Koi & Pond Instructions
(To retain freshness and viability, reseal pouch and store in cool, dry location out of direct sunlight.)NOTES: Product works best at pH 6-8 & water temperature above 70° F . When measuring dosage, avoid getting water or moisture in the packaging. Do not use wet utensils or wet hands. Reseal immediately after.Initial Treatment
- For each 1,000 Gallons of pond volume place one half-gallon of pond water in a bucket. Mix in the same number of Tablespoons of BZT® Koi & Pond until dissolved. Pour this solution around the perimeter of your pond.Weekly Maintenance Treatment
- Repeat the above procedure using one teaspoon per 1,000 Gallons of pond volume.
If Algae and Sludge are Present:
- For best performance, drain and clean ponds prior to treating. This makes it easier for the microorganisms to establish biological control of your system.
- Before initiating treatment, make sure biofilters are clean.
- If water appears cloudy prior to application, double the dosage.
- Turn off UV filters for at least 48 hours after providing initial treatment to allow the microorganisms to become established.
- Aeration is important. Use aerator to keep oxygen in the water. Leave aeration/circulation on for at least 48 hours after initial application.
- Mix proper amount of product to water and apply evenly. Do not pour all or most of the mix in one location.
- BZT® Koi & Pond may initially exert a high oxygen demand on the system. Proper oxygen levels can be maintained by increasing aeration or flow-through during this period or by temporarily decreasing fish population prior to treatment. This condition may last two to three days.
- System must have less than 35% turnover of water in a single day.
The above rates are intended to maintain your pond in good condition. If significant amounts of solids, algae, or other problems are present, consult United-Tech for helpful advice and free custom treatment protocols.
If heavy algae is present, it could take several weeks for BZT® Koi & Pond to biologically condition your pond. In this case, you can treat with an approved algaecide, wait 14 days and begin BZT® Koi & Pond treatments. However, the preferred method is to clean your pond and remove the existing algae, as this will permanently remove the nutrients in the existing algae from the system. After either of these actions, BZT® Koi & Pond will keep algae growth under control.
Nutritional Needs & Environmental Conditions
Microorganisms require certain basic nutritional needs and environmental conditions to grow, just as we as human beings have basic nutritional and environmental requirements. These conditions in turn dictate the efficiency of degrading the targeted substance and dosage rates. The following physical & chemical parameters have been proven best for accelerated growth:
A range of 6.0 to 9.0 are the minimum and maximum levels. Optimum growth will occur from 6.6 to 7.4.Temperature
: A range of 50ºF to 140°F are the limiting ranges with 80ºF to 90ºF the optimum. Temperatures above 140°F will cause cell death. Below 45ºF cell growth will slow and stop but this will not kill the cells.